Wednesday 1 July 2009

giclée prints

Ian Shewan (official photographer for south area), is offering a service to NEOS2009 contributors whereby you can have Fine Art prints made from your paintings, with a view to selling them during the event. Ian says:

I currently charge a fixed price per image for capture of art (controlled studio lighting), regardless of size of the original piece, because the work involved is the same. Once the artwork is captured, I post-process to render colours as accurately as possible. No reproduction is 100% true, but my results so far have been very good.

I would keep this on file, and be able to ‘print-on-demand’ giclée prints on various papers: Hahnemühle smooth fine art, watercolour, canvas, Aquarella etc, depending on the finish that is desired. The advantage of this small print run approach over some of the commercial providers is that they often charge minimum fees and minimum quantities (e.g. 20 prints etc). Another advantage is that original works are not being shipped in the postal system – I am Stonehaven based and operate on a client deliver/collect basis currently. It does mean that NEOS members further afield would need to get their works to me.

Prints are priced on a two-tier system, dependent on size: up to 9”x13” (image plus margins), and from 9”x13” up to 13”x19”.

For pricing information, please contact me at neos2009@ianshewan.com or just call me on 01569 767769.

No comments:

Post a Comment