- Signs on private property (in gardens, on houses, in cars, front gate, own fence) are permitted.
- Signs placed on any Road/Traffic Information furniture are considered a grave hazard and are Illegal i.e. Traffic lights, Railings, Pedestrian crossings, Stop/Give Way. If in doubt do not use it.
- Each venue will be allowed to display one NEOS sign on each of a maximum of two street lamps – one outside their venue and one at their closest road junction (providing it is not a major junction).
- The signs should be attached to the lamp post as high as possible. Preferably 2.4m above ground level. This is to protect pedestrians and facilitate drivers.
- Directional arrows written on the signs should be written as large as possible.
- The signs can be put up 1-2 days in advance of 11th September and must be removed by 1 day after 19th September.
- Signs not removed by the artists will be removed by Aberdeen City Council and the cost of removal will be charged to NEOS/Participants.
- The Roads Department will advise their city and community inspectors not to remove NEOS signage if it compliant with the above
- Next year the Roads Department will like to discuss with NEOS the positioning of signage several months ahead of the event.
Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Monday, 16 August 2010
Wednesday, 11 August 2010
Would you like to sell our beautiful magazine from your studio? The magazine retails at £5 per copy from which the vendor receives £1.50. You would be working on a sale or return basis so you cannot lose financially. If interested please contact Martin Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01224 586093
We are also currently taking submissions for next year’s Issue (10). We receive artwork from all over the world but would like to see more from here.
16.00 Arrival at Venue
16.30 Food & Refreshments served
17.00 Presentation by Speakers including:
- Scott Byrne, Moray Art Centre
- Sarah Yearsley, engage Scotland
- Danielle Daglan, Cultural Coordinator Manager, Moray Council
- Graeme Roger, Artist and Co-Founder of Wildbird Arts
- Growing Audiences North East (GANE)
18.15 Coffee & Refreshments and Opportunity to Network with Attendees
Tel: (01309) 69 24 26
MORAY ART CENTRE, The Park Findhorn, Moray, IV36 3TA
Thursday, 5 August 2010
A very talented and versatile turner who incorporates carving and colouring techniques into her work.
Venue: Scottish Agriculture College, Bucksburn, Aberdeen
Dates and Times : September – Saturday 4th (10am – 5pm) & Sunday 5th (10.30am – 4.30pm)
Parking on Site. Tiered Seating in auditorium.
Large screen viewing. Catering: Teas, coffees, rolls and biscuits on sale, on site am/pm. Please bring your own lunch.
Tickets; £15.00; entry either or both days.
Frank Beattie 01467 632168;
Bill Diack 01467 622772;
Ian Wallace 01224 743661;
Doug Grant 01224 704119;
Ian Murrav 01224 312556.
We're really happy to announce that the 2010 NEOS catalogues are ready for pick up! 24,000 catalogues have been printed this year, and we think they look pretty spiffy. Printed by MMS Almac, this year's catalogue features 254 artists, makers and galleries. Cover photograph by John Rutherford (Gaia Photography).
1. NEOS 2010 participant catalogue allocationIf you are participating in NEOS2010, you are allocated ONE BOX (45 catalogues) - BUT! If you need more please let us know! Below is the current list of pick up points, but we always need more key locations to take catalogues for easy distribution, if you think you can help, please let us know. We're also looking for people to help pick up boxes fromSusie Hunt's "mill farm studios". The more cars, the better!
2. Pick UP Points
We've distributed boxes to the following locations for members to pick up from (please phone in advance, just to make sure someone is there, with catalogues for you!):
- Archaeolink (Oyne)
- Duff House (Banff)
- Frameworks Gallery (Kinellar)
- Frances Crawford (Strathdon)
- Junction Art and Gifts (Aberdeen)
- Just Art (Fochabers)
- Maitlands Coffee Shop (Fraserburgh)
- Mill Farm, Kemnay (Kemnay)
- Milton Gallery (Crathes)
- Monymusk Arts trust (Monymusk)
- Niall Paton (Ordhead)
- Platform 22 (Torphins)
- Scottish Sculpture Workshop (Lumsden)
- Springfield Creative Arts (Arbroath)
- Starfish Studio (Johnshaven)
- Syllavethy Gallery (Alford)
- The Loft (Aberdeen)
- Tolquhon Gallery (Tarves)
- Touched by Scotland (Oyne)
If you can be a distribution point, please let us know. We've also taken many copies to key locations and venues in the North East of Scotland, but if you see a place without catalogues, or think of a place the catalogues should be, please let us know, we need your help too!
We are all looking forward to a great NEOS 2010 and are very happy to have you onboard!
Thank you! If you have any questions then please email Gabrielle Reith at email@example.com
Yours, The 2010 NEOS team
Wednesday, 4 August 2010
Preview Friday 13th August 2010
6pm - 8pm
The show runs until Saturday September 4th
Evening event this Friday, 6th August 2010
An opportunity to see work by jewellery maker, Anne Marquiss and to talk to her about her practice and her residency at the gallery.
6pm - 8pm
Left Bank is open Thurs/Fri/Sat 11am - 5pm and by appointment.
Tel: 013398 81603
Web page: Left Bank
Facebook: Left Bank
The event is to launch an Aberdeenshire wide project - Finding Creativity. We will be working with the hundreds of arts volunteers and local groups in our communities to find and promote Aberdeenshire’s vibrant voluntary arts sector, working with partners to provide training and support, to enable Voluntary Arts to thrive.
Please see the Finding Creativity Flyer for further information.
We anticipate approximately 80 people attending this first event so places are limited to two members from each arts group.
Please share this information with other Arts Groups and with your networks.